Cornell University Press ithaca and london
- Copyright © 2014 by Cornell University
- All rights reserved. Except for brief quotations in a review, this book, or parts thereof,
- must not be reproduced in any form without permission in writing from the publisher.
- For information, address Cornell University Press, Sage House, 512 East State Street,
- Ithaca, New York 14850.
- First published 2014 by Cornell University Press
- Printed in the United States of America
- Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data
- Altschuler, Glenn C., author.
- Cornell : a history, 1940–2015 / Glenn C. Altschuler and Isaac Kramnick.
- pages cm
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- ISBN 978-0-8014-4425-8 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1. Cornell University—History. I. Kramnick, Isaac, author. II. Title.
- LD1370.A57 2014
- 379.747'71—dc23 2014018297
- Cornell University Press strives to use environmentally responsible suppliers and
- materials to the fullest extent possible in the publishing of its books. Such materials
- include vegetable-based, low-VOC inks and acid-free papers that are recycled, totally
- chlorine-free, or partly composed of nonwood fibers. For further information, visit our
- website at www.cornellpress.cornell.edu.
- Cloth printing 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2