- Title Pages
- Notes on Contributors
- Part I The Practice of Citizen Science
- 1 Overview of Citizen Science
- 2 Projects and Possibilities
- 3 Using Bioinformatics in Citizen Science
- 4 Growing the Base for Citizen Science
- 5 What Is Our Impact?
- Part II Impacts of Citizen Science on Conservation Research
- 6 The Opportunities and Challenges of Citizen Science as a Tool for Ecological Research
- 7 Widening the Circle of Investigation
- 8 Using Data Mining to Discover Biological Patterns in Citizen Science Observations
- 9 Developing a Conservation Research Program with Citizen Science
- 10 Citizens, Science, and Environmental Policy
- Part III Educational, social, and Behavioral Aspects of Citizen Science
- 11 Cognitive Considerations in the Development of Citizen Science Projects
- 12 Who Poses the Question?
- 13 A Gateway to Science for All
- 14 Children and Nature
- 15 Internet-Based Social Networking and Collective Action Models of Citizen Science
- 16 A Role for Citizen Science in Disaster and Conflict Recovery and Resilience
- Literature Cited
- Citizen Science
- Cornell University Press
Cornell Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.