A series edited by Mark Philip Bradley, David C. Engerman, Amy S. Greenberg, and Paul A. Kramer
Cornell University Press
Ithaca and London
- Copyright © 2015 by Cornell University
- All rights reserved. Except for brief quotations in a review, this book, or
- parts thereof, must not be reproduced in any form without permission in
- writing from the publisher. For information, address Cornell University
- Press, Sage House, 512 East State Street, Ithaca, New York 14850.
- First published 2015 by Cornell University Press
- Printed in the United States of America
- Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data
- Thompson, Michael G. (Michael Glenn), author.
- For God and globe: Christian internationalism in the United States
- between the Great War and the Cold War / Michael G. Thompson.
- pages cm.—(The United States in the world)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- ISBN 978-0-8014-5272-7 (cloth: alk. paper)
- 1. Christianity and international relations—History—20th century.
- 2. Christianity and politics—United States—History—20th century.
- 3. Protestantism—United States—History—20th century.
- 4. United States—Church history—20th century. I. Title.
- BR115.I7T46 2015
- 261.8'7—dc23 2015009583
- Cornell University Press strives to use environmentally responsible
- suppliers and materials to the fullest extent possible in the publishing
- of its books. Such materials include vegetable-based, low-VOC inks
- and acid-free papers that are recycled, totally chlorine-free, or partly
- composed of nonwood fibers. For further information, visit our website
- at www.cornellpress.cornell.edu.
- Cloth printing 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1