- Title Pages
- Illustrations and Maps
- Abbreviations and Citation Conventions
- 1 The Militant Eschatology of the Liturgy and the Origins of Crusade Ideology
- 2 From Pilgrimage to Crusade
- 3 On the March
- 4 Celebrating the Capture of Jerusalem in the Holy City
- 5 Echoes of Victory in the West
- 6 Clamoring to God: Liturgy as a Weapon of War
- 7 Praying against the Turks
- Appendix 1 The Liturgy of the 15 July Commemoration
- Appendix 2 Comparative Development of the Clamor
- Appendix 3 Timeline of Nonliturgical Evidence for Liturgical Supplications
- Selected Bibliography
- Invisible Weapons
M. Cecilia Gaposchkin
- Cornell University Press
Cornell Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.