- Title Pages
- Title Pages
- Preface and Acknowledgments
- 1 Encounter with the Philippines
- 2 Origins of the Bataan Boys
- 3 From the Approach of War to the Evacuation from Manila, October to December 1941
- 4 The Fall of Manila and the First Offensive and Defensive Battles, Early January to Early February 1942
- 5 Planning the Escape from Corregidor, Early February to Late February 1942
- 6 The Evacuation of MacArthur from Corregidor, Late February to the Middle of March 1942
- 7 The Second Bataan Operation and the Death March, Early February to Early May 1942
- 8 From Australia to the Philippines, March 1942 to October 1944
- 9 From the Philippines to Japan, October 1944 to August 1945
- 10 The Demilitarization of Japan, August 1945 to December 1947
- 11 The Democratization of Japan, August 1945 to April 1950
- 12 Washington’s Policy Shift on Japan and MacArthur’s Resistance, January 1948 to June 1950
- 13 The Korean War and the Dismissal of MacArthur, June 1950 to April 1951
Cornell Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.