- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- 1 Putting the Barn Before the House
- 2 Women’s Place on the Land
- 3 “Buying a Farm on a Small Capital”
- 4 The Transformation of Agriculture and the Rural Economy
- 5 Sharing and Dividing Farm Work
- 6 Intergenerational and Marital Partnerships
- 7 Wage-earning and Farming Families
- 8 Negotiating Working Relationships
- 9 Forming Cooperatives and Taking Collective Action
- 10 Home Economics and Farm Family Economies
- Putting the Barn Before the House
- Cornell University Press
Cornell Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.