- Title Pages
- 1 Individual Appropriation of Religion
- 2 Individual Decision and Social Order
- 3 Appropriating Images—Embodying Gods
- 4 Testing the Limits of Ritual Choices
- 5 Reconstructing Religious Experience
- 6 Dynamics of Individual Appropriation
- 7 Religious Communication
- 8 Instructing Literary Practice in <i>The Shepherd of Hermas</i>
- General Index
- Index of Passages
- On Roman Religion
- Cornell University Press
Cornell Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.