- Title Pages
- Note on Transliteration and Translation
- Introduction From the Arctic to Istanbul
- 1 Magnificent Centuries and Economies of Desire
- 2 Gender, Labor, and Emotion in a Global Economy
- 3 “We are Like Slaves—Who Needs Capitalism?”
- 4 Strategic Intimacy, “Real Love,” and Marriage
- 5 Intimate Currencies
- 6 “Other Mothers,” Grandmothers, and the State
- Conclusion On the Move
- Appendix People Featured
- Sex, Love, and Migration
- Cornell University Press
Cornell Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.