- Title Pages
- Part I The Decline of Public Life, 1950–1976
- 1 The Demise of the Chengdu Teahouse Guild and the Fall of Small Business
- 2 State Control and the Rise of Socialist Entertainment
- 3 The Decline of Public Life under Mao’s Rule
- Part II The Return of Public Life, 1977–2000
- 4 The Resurgence of Teahouses in the Reform Era
- 5 Urban Residents and Migrant Workers in Public Life
- 6 The Power of Mahjong
- Character List
- Works Cited
- The Teahouse under Socialism
- Cornell University Press
Cornell Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.