- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 The Mad Housewives of the Neo-Woman’s Film
- Chapter 2 Antonioni’s America
- Chapter 3 “Jason’s no Businessman … I Think He’s an Artist”
- Chapter 4 Robert Altman
- Chapter 5 City of Losers, Losing City
- Chapter 6 The Parallax View
- Chapter 7 Cinematic Tone in Polanski’s <i>Chinatown</i>
- Chapter 8 “I Don’t Know What to Do With my Hands”
- Chapter 9 The Spirit of ’76
- Coda What “Golden Age”?
- Appendix Time Line: The New Hollywood Years
- Notes on Contributors
- When the Movies Mattered
- Jonathan Kirshner, Jon Lewis
- Cornell University Press
Cornell Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.