CORNELL UNIVERSITY PRESS ITHACA AND LONDON
- (p.iv) This book is freely available in an open access edition thanks to TOME (Toward an Open Monograph Ecosystem)—a collaboration of the Association of American Universities, the Association of University Presses, and the Association of Research Libraries—and the generous support of Arcadia, a charitable fund of Lisbet Rausing and Peter Baldwin, and of the UCLA Library. Learn more at the TOME website, available at: openmonographs.org.
- Copyright © 2019 by Cornell University
- The text of this book is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commerical 4.0 International: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/legalcode. To use this book, or parts of this book, in any way not covered by the license or by fair use, please contact Cornell University Press, Sage House, 512 East State Street, Ithaca, New York 14850. Visit our website at cornellpress.cornell.edu.
- First published 2019 by Cornell University Press
- Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data
- Names: Moore, Adam, 1976–author.
- Title: Empire’s labor : the global army that supports U.S. wars/Adam Moore.
- Description: Ithaca [New York] : Cornell University Press, 2019. | Includes
- bibliographical references and index.
- Identifiers: LCCN 2019006498 (print) | LCCN 2019009151 (ebook) |
- ISBN 9781501716393 (pdf) | ISBN 9781501716386 (epub/mobi) |
- ISBN 9781501742170 | ISBN 9781501742170 (pbk)
- Subjects: LCSH: Private military companies. | Private military
- companies—Employees. | Logistics—Contracting out—United States. |
- United States—Armed Forces—Foreign countries.
- Classification: LCC UB149 (ebook) | LCC UB149 .M66 2019 (print) |
- DDC 355.3/40973—dc23
- LC record available at https://lccn.loc.gov/2019006498