Cornell Studies in Money
edited by Eric Helleiner and Jonathan Kirshner
A list of titles in this series is available at cornellpress.cornell.edu
CORNELL UNIVERSITY PRESS ITHACA AND LONDON
- Cornell University Press gratefully acknowledges support for publication from the “Combatting Fiscal Fraud and Empowering Regulators—COFFERS” project (European Union Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme grant agreement No. 727145). This support allowed electronic versions of this book to be open access.
- The text of this book is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommerical-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/. To use this book, or parts of this book, in any way not covered by the licenses, please contact Cornell University Press, Sage House, 512 East State Street, Ithaca, New York 14580. Visit our website at cornellpress. cornell.edu.
- First published 2020 by Cornell University Press
- Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data
- Names: Hakelberg, Lukas, 1985– author.
- Title: The hypocritical hegemon : how the United States shapes global rules against
- tax evasion and avoidance/Lukas Hakelberg.
- Description: Ithaca [New York] : Cornell University Press, 2020. | Series: Cornell
- studies in money | Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Identifiers: LCCN 2019028606 (print) | LCCN 2019028607 (ebook) |
- ISBN 9781501748011 (paperback) | ISBN 9781501748028 (epub) |
- ISBN 9781501748035 (pdf)
- Subjects: LCSH: Tax evasion—United States. | Tax evasion—European Union
- countries. | Taxation—Political
- aspects—United States. | Taxation—Political aspects—European Union countries. | Tax evasion (International law) |
- Tax administration and procedure—International cooperation. | Banks and
- banking, Foreign—Law and legislation—United States. | Confidential
- communications—Banking—European Union countries.
- Classification: LCC HV6341.H34 2020 (print) | LCC HV6341 (ebook) |
- DDC 364.1/3380973—dc23
- LC record available at https://lccn.loc.gov/2019028606
- LC ebook record available at https://lccn.loc.gov/2019028607